Hi, my name is Rachelle and I am addicted to lip balm. seriously, I am constantly applying because I just love soft lips! Even my son loves “chap-ick“!
Up until recently, I have been trying them ALL. I decided to do some research and discovered I can make my own! Benefits of making my own… it is completely organic, I have total control over everything that goes in the recipe, it is really inexpensive and a lot of fun! I doubled this recipe and made 28 tubes of balm and it only cost me: $0.34/per tube.
If you haven’t made your own beauty products before, I’d encourage you to try it! With a lot of the same ingredients, you can make a variation of DIY beauty products using your Young Living Essential oils, too!
- 1TBS Organic Unrefined Shea Butter
- 1TBS Organic Beeswax Pastilles
- 2TBS Organic Coconut Oil
- 20 drops Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
- 15-18 empty Balm Tubes
- glass dropper
- small cooking pot
- glass, heat-safe bowl (I used a measuring cup)
- Put about an inch of water in the bottom of a small pot and turn on medium heat.
- Place a small bowl or glass measuring cup in the water, being careful not to get in water inside the cup.
- Place all ingredients except the essential oils inside the glass and slowly melt, making sure not to get any water in glass.
- When all ingredients are melted, stir well and turn off heat, but leave glass in the water to keep warm so it does not start to solidify.
- Stir in the essential oils.
- Use a glass dropper to quickly fill the balm tubes.
- The mixture will settle slightly as it cools, so I also re-top the containers after about 2 minutes as they start to harden.
- Let sit without touching for several hours or until completely hardened.
- Store in a cool dry place (they will last for at least a year if stored correctly).
Note: This will make a medium firm lip chap. If you prefer a firmer consistency, you can add more beeswax, up to double the recommended amount. If you prefer a smoother and more oily consistency, you can reduce the amount of beeswax.
You can see the final product HERE!
If you would like to learn more about Young Living Essential Oils, you can click HERE or simply message me!
To follow me on Facebook, click HERE.
If you are ready to Order your own Premium Starter Kit with Diffuser, click HERE! (Rachelle Gallinger – Member #2934220)
*NOTE: please do not start the enrollment until you are placing an order.
DISCLOSURE: The Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration [FDA]. The products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition(s) please consult your physical before using these products. Furthermore, information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health and dietary decisions based upon your own research and partnership with your healthcare provider. See full disclosure HERE.